Students are actively involved in all phases of the practice - from ambulatory equine and large animal calls, to surgical cases and in house hospital cases. The student will also experience equine and herd health management, equine and bovine reproduction including embryo transfer and semen cryopreservation,and many elective surgery cases. The practice has four veterinarians with two full time in house technicians, and four ambulatory technicians.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Richard B Cochrane, Jr.,DVM, AAEP
- Tiffany Clayton, DVM, AAEP
- Natalie Coffer, BVetMed, MS, DACVIM, AAEP
- Aaron Pate, DVM, AAEP
- 6 computer terminals throughout hospital
- Books and Journals
- 15 minutes from North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine Library which is open to the public
The student is expected to assist the doctors doing in-house medical treatments and with ambulatory calls. Weekly, we see approximately 80 equine cases, 10 bovine cases, and an assortment of small ruminants and swine, includine pot belly pigs, llamas, and alpacas.
The student will have access to the veterinarians 8-10 hours per day.
Apex Veterinary Hospital Equine
1600 East Williams St.
Apex, NC 27539
Signature on file: Dr. Tiffany Clayton