- Appointments -obtain history, perform physical exam, develop differential diagnoses, develop treatment plan, assess laboratory and radiology results
- Procedures - exposure to all endoscopic including laparoscopic procedures, opportunity to assist in procedures and handle scopes, opportunity to scrub into surgery with board-certified surgeon
- Opportunity to use technical skills including venopuncture, IV catheter placement, etc.
- Exposure to private practice setting including opportunity to learn about day to day operation, management, finances, etc.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Antu Radhakrishnan, DVM, DACVIM
- Nancy Zimmerman, DVM, DACVS (part-time)
- Lisa Neuwirth, DVM, DACVR (mobile)
- Weekly rounds with technicians - similar to rounds with senior students
- Veterinary library with current text books and journals
- Online access to VIN, medline, and journal articles
Similar to clinical year in veterinary school - management of patients, developing diagnostic and treatment plans, participate in procedures and appointments, treatments
Typical work day is 8a-6p Monday to Thursday and 9a-1p Friday.
Bluegrass Veterinary Specialists
1591 Winchester Road
Lexington KY 40505 as of 4/1/10
Signature On File: Antu Radhakrishnan, DVM, DACVIM