Experience will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Sow Unit and Grow-Finish walk-throughs/evaluations.
- Routine and diagnostic blood sampling.
- Necropsy techniques.
- Tissue collection and diagnostic sampling.
- Evaluation of production records.
- ntroduction to herd health vaccine and medication protocols.
- Individual and mass treatment protocols, including injectables, water, and feed medications.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Swine Disease Manual
- Diseases of Swine
- Journal of Swine Health and Production
Adhere to strict biosecurity rules, including a downtime of 72 hours prior to entering any of our facilities. Expected to adhere to biosecurity rules, including showering in and showering out of facilities. Student will assist often with blood collection and tissue collection; will be expected to help with animal handling during these procedures; will incorporate production data and serology into charts, graphs, and Excel spreadsheets.
Kalmbach Feeds, Kalmbach Swine Management
7148 State Highway 199
Upper Sandusky, OH 43351
Fax: 419 294 4350
Signature On File: Lynette Holman, DVM