- Field-based wildlife veterinary externship
- Clinical and pathological workups with state wildlife veterinarians
- Marine mammal, terrestrial and avian wildlfie species
- Fish pathology lab
- Sea lion capture and anesthesia for radio telemetry placement
- Morbidity and mortality workup from field to diagnostic lab
- Population and reproductive studies
- Fish hatchery health assessments and treatments
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Colin Gillin, State Wildlife Veterinarian, MS, DVM, Residency in Conservation Medicine, Tufts Univ.
- Julia Burco, DVM, MS, PhD, epidemiologist Staff veterinarian
- Rob Bildfell, DVM, Phd, Diplomate ACVP, Oregon State University, wildlife pathologist
- journals (JWM, JWD, EID, JVDI, JAVMA)
- complete microsoft PC databases
- Monday rounds
Arrive at 8 AM, conduct appropriate veterinary extern oriented tasks under the mentorship and instruction of the department veterinarians.
8 hours per day, 5 days per week
Yes, but limited to availability
Wildlife Health and Population Laboratory
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
7118 NE Vandenberg Ave.
Corvallis, OR 97330
Ph: 541-757-4186 (ext. 222)
Signature On File: Dr. Colin Gillin