- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Wuchiette Tumblin & Associates
Number of students reviewing:
Average student review (out of five):
Wutchiett Tumblin and Associates is a veterinary-specific consulting firm that provides practice management, employee development, and valuation and acquisition services to independently-owned companion animal and equine practices and veterinary teaching hospitals throughout the United States. We author the annual Benchmarks Well-Managed Practice® Study, a valued guide for practices that continue to raise the bar on their patient care, client service, and financial performance.
This externship provides an opportunity for students to learn more about the business side of the veterinary profession including management and valuation analysis, fee analysis, compensation and benefits, marketing, hiring and educating staff members, ownership transition, and exit strategies. The extern will work with Denise Tumblin, CPA, President, Chris Materni, Financial Analyst, and Mary Beth Sammon, Financial Analyst and be directly involved with client engagements in progress at the time of the externship.
See above description
- Library of management and valuation books by noted authors in the veterinary industry and outside the industry. Our library includes the Benchmarks Well-Managed Practice® Studies.
- Management tools developed by Wutchiett Tumblin and Associates used by veterinary practices across the U.S.
- Discussion outlines developed by Wutchiett Tumblin and Associates used as a reference for new employees and in our client conferences.
Active involvement in financial analysis and interpretation, practice valuation, and client conferences.
- Extern will work closely with Denise L. Tumblin, CPA and President, and Financial Analysts Christine Materni, and Mary Beth Sammon.
- The hours of work will be 8:30 to 5:00 Monday through Friday, with a one-hour lunch break.
Wutchiett Tumblin and Associates
3200 Riverside Drive
Columbus, OH 43221
Columbus, OH 43221
wta [at] wellmp [dot] com
Denise L. Tumblin, CPA, President