- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Memberships in Professional Societies
1) 01/2001 – present American Society for Microbiology
2) 01/2006 – present American Society for Virology
3) 10/2009 – present Society of Chinese Bio-scientists in America
4) 01/2014 – present American Association for the Advancement of Science
Editorships, Editorial Boards and Journal Reviews
1) Associate Editor (assign peer-reviews and make decisions on ~8 manuscripts per year)
05/2012 – present Virology Journal (BioMed Central, London, UK)
2) Invited Guest Associate Editor
05/2014 PLOS Pathogens
3) Editorial Board Member (review ~ 16-20 manuscripts per year)
08/2007 – present Retrovirology: Research and Treatment (Libertas Academica, Auckland, New Zealand)
02/2009 – present Retrovirology (BioMed Central, London, UK)
08/2011 – present Emerging Microbes and Infections (Nature Publishing Group, Shanghai, China)
04/2012 – present Journal of Virology & Antiviral Research (SciTechnol, Henderson, USA)
4) Ad hoc Journal Reviewer (review ~ 20 manuscripts per year)
2005 – present AIDS, Journal of Virology, Virology
2006 – present AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, AIDS Research and Therapy, Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
2007 – present Journal of Experimental Medicine, Journal of Medical Virology, Retrovirology, Retrovirology: Research and Treatment, Trends in Immunology
2008 – present Blood, Journal of Biological Chemistry
2009 – present Expert Review of Proteomics, HIV Therapy, Immunotherapy
2010 – present Journal of AIDS, PLoS ONE, PLoS Pathogens, Viruses, Virus Research
2011 – present Journal of Visualized Experiments, Journal of Clinical Investigation, Emerging Microbes and Infections
2013 – present Biochemistry
2014 – present Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Journal of Leukocyte Biology, PNAS, Nature Communications.
International and National Review Committees
(a) International Review Committees (Invited Reviewer)
1) 10/2009 Human Frontier Science Program, Strasbourg Cedex, France.
2) 05/2011 The Research Foundation Flanders, Belgium.
3) 12/2011 Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, Swindon, UK.
4) 07/2012 The Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, Lisboa, Portugal.
5) 02/2013 The Research Council, University of Leuven, Belgium.
6) 03/2013 Medical Research Council, Swindon, UK.
7) 04/2013 The AIDS Fonds Netherlands, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
8) 11/2013 The Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, Lisboa, Portugal.
9) 03/2014- Andy Kaplan Retrovirology Prize review committee. Cold Spring
Harbor Retroviruses annual meeting.
10) 04/2014 Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, Swindon, UK.
11) 05/2014 Research Grants Council of Hong Kong, China.
12) 07/2014 The Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, Lisboa, Portugal.
13) 11/2014 Career Development Awards, Medical Research Council, Swindon, UK.
14) 01/2015 Excellence Prizes of the Research Foundation – Flanders, Belgium.
(b) National Review Committees (Invited Grant Reviewer or Evaluator)
NIH Study Section Regular Member (6-year term, 2-3 times service per year)
07/2014 - 06/2020 AIDS Molecular and Cellular Biology (AMCB).
NIH Study Sections (Ad hoc Member)
1) 11/2006 Immunity and Pathogenesis in AIDS (Special Emphasis Panel, SEP).
2) 06/2009 Challenge Grants Review Panel 21 (SEP).
3) 07/2010 HIV Immunology and Vaccine (SEP). Bethesda, MD.
4) 12/2010 HIV/AIDS Vaccines (SEP). Bethesda, MD.
5) 04/2012 HIV/AIDS research related pre- and post-doctoral fellowships.
6) 03/2013 HIV/AIDS research related pre- and post-doctoral fellowships.
7) 12/2013 AIDS Immunology and Pathogenesis (AIP). Washington DC.
8) 01/2014 AIDS Special Emphasis Panel (ZRG1 AIPJ 09)
9) 03/2014 AIDS Molecular and Cellular Biology (AMCB). Los Angeles, CA.
Foundations and Institution Review Committees (Invited reviewer for grants/fellowships)
1) 07/2009 MacArthur Fellowship candidates, The MacArthur Fellows Program,
John and Catherine MacArthur Foundation, Chicago, IL.
2) 08/2009 The Campbell Foundation, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
3) 03/2010 amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, New York, NY.
4) 11/2012 New Investigator Awards from the Center for AIDS Research Developmental Core,
University of Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA.