Follow font and format specifications. Otherwise, application processing may be delayed, or the application may be returned to the applicant without review.
- For all text portions of the document use an Arial or typeface and a font size of 11 points or larger (lettering in charts, figures, etc. may be smaller, see below). A Symbol font may be used to insert Greek letters or special characters; the font size requirement still applies.
- Type density, including characters and spaces, must be no more than 15 characters per inch.
- Type may be no more than six lines per inch.
- Use black ink that can be clearly copied.
- Print must be clear and legible.
- Use standard size (8 ½" x 11") sheets of paper.
- Use at least ½ inch margins (top, bottom, left, and right) for all pages, including continuation pages.
- The application must be single-sided and single-spaced.
- Consecutively number pages throughout the application. Do not use suffixes (e.g., 5a, 5b).
- Do not include unnumbered pages.
Figures, graphs, diagrams, charts, tables, figure legends, and footnotes
- You may use a smaller type size but it must be in black ink, readily legible, and follow the font typeface requirement.
Photographs and images
- Do not include photographs or other materials that are not printed directly on the application page in the body of the application. Pictures or other materials that are glued or taped onto application pages are incompatible with the current duplication/scanning process.
- You may include black-and-white or color images in the twelve (12) submitted copies provided such images are printed directly on the application page and are critical to the content of the application.
- Original (signed by principal investigator and an authorized organizational official) and three (3) exact, legible, single-sided photocopies
- An electronic version should also be submitted to Morscher.email@example.com
- Do not use photo reduction.
- The application must contain only material that reproduces well when photocopied in black and white. Glossy photographs or other materials that cannot be photocopied must be submitted in three (3) collated sets as appendices.
- Use English and avoid jargon.
- If terms are not universally known, spell out the term the first time it is used and note the appropriate abbreviation in parentheses. The abbreviation may be used thereafter.
Page Limitations and Content Requirements
- All applications and proposals for funding must be self-contained within specified page limitations.