Ohio is the ninth-largest exporting state in the U.S., with exports valued at over $52.1 billion. Agricultural and food products are top Ohio export industries. Now, the National Institute for Animal Agriculture has chosen Ohio as the headquarters for its 2107 Annual Conference focused on global food production. Please join us at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel as NIAA brings together producers, academics, industry leaders and policy experts April 3-6 for presentations and discussions on "US Animal Agriculture’s Future Role in World Food Production: Obstacles & Opportunities." The conference goes beyond the implications of import and export, trade negotiations and political concerns, to include how animals are treated and resources are used world-wide.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Tony Forshey, State Veterinarian, Ohio Department of Agriculture
- Dr. Mark Lyons, Global Vice President & Head of Greater China, Alltech;
- Ambassador Darci Vetter, former Chief Agriculture Negotiator, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative;
- Dr. Douglas Southgate, Professor Emeritus, The Ohio State University
- Mr. Mark McCully, VP, Production, Certified Angus Beef
- Dr. Lonnie King, Acting Dean, College of Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, The Ohio State University
Individual species committees and issues councils also have agendas and speakers to explore topics relative to their own industry, as well as their impact on the global marketplace. Following the 2017 Annual Conference, an added day on April 6th will feature a workshop themed “Animal Care Standards – How Laws, Company Commitments, and Public Perception Have Changed the Landscape” which will concentrate on animal welfare and well-being, exploring standards, legislation, and a vision for the future. An Ag Tour of area industries will be available as a pre-conference tour on April 3rd.
For registration, agenda information and speakers, go to the NIAA website, www.animalagriculture.org.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at Katie.email@example.com or at 719.538.8843, ext. 14.