Congratulations! All students that accept our offer of admissions to the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine are required to meet the following
Terms and Conditions of Admission
Prerequisites - Capstone courses
- All outstanding prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the summer term prior to matriculation.
- Capstone courses (biochemistry, microbiology, physiology and communication) must be completed with (1) a grade of C or better in each course, (2) a minimum 3.0 (B) average among the courses, and (3) no more than one C among any of the capstone courses. Your offer of admissions will be withdrawn if a lower grade is achieved.
- If you have any outstanding prerequisite or capstone courses proof of satisfactory completion of these courses (an official transcript) must be forwarded to Graduate and Professional Admissions as soon as the courses are completed, but no later than August 1.
- If you have questions about required courses, please call (614) 292-1171 or email email@example.com For a list of prerequisites courses go to vet.osu.edu, click education, choose dvmadmissions and select prerequisites.
Transcripts of Current Work
Please submit your final transcript(s) to Graduate and Professional Admissions by August 1 (or the end of the semester that you last class ends). Submit transcript (s) to:
Graduate and Professional Admissions
P.O. Box 182004
Columbus Ohio 43218-2004
Please do not send transcripts to College of Veterinary Medicine.
An electronic version of your transcript can be emailed directly to GPADOCS@osu.edu for the issuing institution or a verified third-party transcript provider.
If you have questions about your transcripts, please call (614) 292-9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to submit your final transcript could affect your course schedule for the next term.
Please note: Ohio State students do not have to submit a final OSU transcript. A courtesy copy will be automatically sent to the college.
We will send out the technical standards form via email to students during the summer months (typically June). If you send us a hard copied signed, you will still be required to complete the electronic form.
You must not have any criminal convictions that would preclude you from obtaining licensure to practice Veterinary Medicine in the state of Ohio. The cost is approximately $35 for Ohio residents and $65 for non-residents (prices subject to change). All criminal background check information will be held confidential to the extent permitted by Ohio law, and will be handled in accordance with University policy.
- You will receive an email in the summer (typically in June) regarding your background check.
- Background Check Information
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (614) 292-1171 or email email@example.com.
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
The Ohio State University
College of Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Medicine Academic Building
1900 Coffey Road
Columbus, Ohio 43230