Neurology and Neurosurgery
The Neurology and Neurosurgery Service at the Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State University provides comprehensive medical and surgical care for companion animals with neurological conditions.
- 4 board-certified neurologists
- Leading edge care for medical and surgical conditions
- Advanced neurosurgical training and expertise
- 3T MRI for brain and spinal imaging
- Multislice CT scanner
- EMG and nerve conduction testing
- Spinal fluid collection and analysis
- Ultrasonic surgical aspirator for brain tumor resection
- In-house radiation therapy
- For an appointment or emergencies: (614)-292-3551
What to Expect
One of our senior veterinary students will take a complete patient history and then perform an initial physical examination. As a matter of policy, you will be asked to return to the lobby during the examination. One of our staff neurologists will then do a neurological examination on your pet with the attending student’s assistance. Historical, physical examination and neurological examination findings are discussed and reviewed with the student. After the examination, a clinician will speak to you about diagnosis and treatment options. Please allow 1-2 hours for an initial examination if your pet is a new patient to our hospital. If all diagnostic tests are done on an outpatient basis, please allow additional time beyond the time required for the initial examination.
Common Conditions & Procedures
- Intervertebral disc herniation
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
- Vestibular disease
- Wobbler syndrome
- Lumbosacral disease/ cauda equine syndrome
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Head trauma
- Spinal cord injury
The Neurology and Neurosurgery service is often recruiting patients for a number of studies for which your pet may be eligible. If you have any questions regarding your pet's eligibility, please contact the Blue Buffalo Clinical Trials Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For a listing of current trials please click here.
- Ronaldo C. da Costa, DMV, MSc, PhD, DACVIM (Neurology), Professor
- Sarah A. Moore, DVM, MS, DACVIM, Professor, Section Head
- Patrick Roynard, DVM, MSc, DACVIM (Neurology), Assistant Professor
- Croix Griffin, DVM
- Elizabeth Jones, DVM
- Ashley Potts, DVM
Neurology and Neurosurgery Technicians
- Amanda Disher, RVT, CCRP, Supervisor
- Heather Anderson, RVT, VTS (Neurology)
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.