Comparative Theriogenology and Reproductive Medicine Services
The Theriogenology and Reproductive Medicine Service at the VMC offers assisted reproductive services for small animal, food and fiber, and equine patients by appointment at the Galbreath Equine Center at Ohio State. On-farm, ambulatory reproductive medicine sevices are also available for equine patients.
- Breeding management and artificial insemination using fresh, shipped, chilled, or frozen semen
- Embryo transfer
- Breeding soundness evaluations (inlcudes pre-purchase)
- Treatment of uterine diseases
- Pregnancy diagnosis and fetal well-being
- Fetal sexing
- Semen cryopreservation (freezing)
- Advanced reproductive ultrasonography
- State-of-the-art semen analysis
- Management of high-risk pregnancies (including monitoring and assisted parturition)
Appointments and Office Hours
Office hours: By appointment, Monday – Friday;
On-farm (ambulatory) service also available for Equine patients.
To make an appointment, please call: (614)-292-6661
What to Expect
During your visit, your animal will be well-cared for by our medical team, which consists of a board-certified faculty member, a resident, a fourth year veterinary student, and a registered animal health technician.
- Advanced reproductive ultrasonography and microscopy
- Computer-assisted semen analysis and freezing
- Other equipment necessary for the collection, evaluation, packaging, sending or freezing of semen or for artificial insemination or other reproductive techniques or diagnostic procedures.
- Marco Coutinho da Silva, DVM, MS, PHD, DACT, Associate Professor - Clinical
- Erin Runcan, DVM, DACT, Assistant Professor-Clinical
- Matthew Cochran, DVM
- Erin Blevins, RVT, Service Coordinator
Read more about Theriogenology and Reproductive Medicine at Ohio State Veterinary Medical Center