The Farm Animal Surgery Section at the Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State provides a complete surgical service with a board certified large animal surgeon for all surgeries of farm animals ranging from routine castration and dehorn to abdominal explore, various orthopedic, and soft tissue procedures.
- Fractures, arthroscopy, arthrotomy, bone infections, sequestrectomy, etc)
- Displaced abomasum, umbilical hernia, small intestine, large intestine, rumenotomy, rumenostomy, liver abscess, kidney – nephrectomy, laparoscopy, etc.
- C-section, overiectomy, castration, unilateral castration, inguinal hernia, scrotal hernia, uterine biopsy, ovariohysterectomy, vasectomy, penile/preputial translocation, penopexy, epididymectomy, etc.
- Tracheotomy, laryngoplasty, sinusotomy, soft palate repair, hard palate repair, etc.
- Head and neck
- Dehorning, dentistry, tooth abscess, wrynose, choanal atresia, chonchal cysts, nasal adenocarcinoma, lymph nodes excision – caseous lymphadenitis, etc.
Appointments & Office Hours
- Office hours: 10am – 4pm , Monday – Friday
- Appointments strongly recommended.
- For an appointment: (614) 292-6661, Ext. 1
- Emergency service: 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year
- After-hour emergencies: (614) 292-6661
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.