- Completion of prerequisite courses
- Apply to VMCAS
- College Transcripts
- Transcripts must be sent to VMCAS from all US and English-speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the Colleges Attended section of your application, even if the courses later transferred to another institution or were dual enrollment courses. These include courses taken in high school for college credit.
- Transcripts must be addressed to VMCAS. Transcripts addressed to you, a program, school, or any address other than VMCAS are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be mailed by your registrar. For security purposes, they cannot accept transcripts mailed by you or anyone other than the registrar. If anything on your transcript indicates that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than VMCAS, your transcript will be rejected and you will need to send a new one to VMCAS.
- In rare occurrences where a school's computer system can only include the applicant's name in the transcript's Issue to field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to VMCAS and include a letter stating the registrar's policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an "Issued to Student" or "Student Copy" stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant.
- Letter of Recommendations
- Supplemental application (This is a University requirement. You will receive a personalized link once Ohio State has received your verified VMCAS application) It may take up to seven days to receive the link to the supplemental once Ohio State receives your verified VMCAS application.
Please note: The GRE exam or MCAT are not required for admissions into our program. There is no testing required or a need to send in GRE scores.
*** When applying for the DVM program, you DO NOT have to have all of the prerequisite courses completed before applying. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the summer term preceding the fall term when you would start the DVM program.***
Dates and Deadlines- 2022/2023 for Class of 2027
September 15 - Deadline to apply (all completed applications must be submitted and verified through VMCAS). Strict deadlines are enforced and late documents will not be reviewed
October - Applications will be reviewed
VMCAS Contact Information
The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Phone: (614) 292-1171
- Email: CVM-DVMadmissions@osu.edu