Advances in Veterinary Medicine Research Day
Research Day 2023 will be IN-PERSON!
April 6, 2023
IMPORTANT DATES and DEADLINES:
March 6: Abstracts due
April 4: Posters can be hung up after 1:00 pm
April 5: Professional student posters judged from 2:00-5:00 pm
April 6: Graduate Student/Resident/Intern posters judged from 8:00-11:00 am
April 6: Faculty and Keynote Speaker presentations from 12:00-2:00 pm
Advances in Veterinary Medicine Day showcases the research and scholarship accomplishments of veterinary students, residents, graduate students and faculty in the college. It brings the college community together to learn about exciting research being carried out by colleagues. Travel grants are awarded to the best student poster presentations in each of the five areas of study: immunology and infectious diseases, molecular and cellular biology, structure and function, clinical research, and epidemiology and applied research. The awards help students fund their travel to a national or international scientific meeting to present their research.
This year's faculty chair is Dr. Jessica Quimby, associate professor in the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences.
2023 KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Dr. Autumn Harris, is an assistant professor, Small Animal Internal Medicine, University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Harris’s research interests include chronic kidney disease, proteinuria, renal ammonia metabolism and renal physiology.
“Sex Steroid Hormones and Renal Acid-Base Balance: What’s All the Fuss About?”
Submitting an Abstract
Please review these instructions before attempting to submit your abstract. Everyone who plans to participate in this year's event, must complete an abstract submission form.
- Review the required format.
- Create your abstract in the required format using any word processing program.
- Please complete the Abstract Submission Form. Fillable PDF or Word document
- When the form is complete, please attach it along with your abstract in an email and send it to Michele Morscher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEFORE you email your abstract to Michele, please make sure that you have it in the correct format and within the 300 word limit.
- Abstracts are due March 6, 2023
Poster information will be forthcoming.
If you have any questions:
Veterinary Medicine Administration
127L VMAB, 1900 Coffey Rd.
Columbus, Oh 43210