Advances in Veterinary Medicine Research Day
Research Day 2021 is going VIRTUAL!
April 8, 2021
IMPORTANT DATES and DEADLINES:
- March 8: Abstracts due
- March 29: PowerPoints due
- April 5-7: Judging of PowerPoints takes place
Advances in Veterinary Medicine Day showcases the research and scholarship accomplishments of veterinary students, residents, graduate students and faculty in the college. It brings the college community together to learn about exciting research being carried out by colleagues. Travel grants are awarded to the best student poster presentations in each of the five areas of study: immunology and infectious diseases, molecular and cellular biology, structure and function, clinical research, and epidemiology and applied research. The awards help students fund their travel to a national or international scientific meeting to present their research.
This year's faculty chair is Dr. Jianrong Li, professor in the Department of Veterinary Biosciences
April 8, 2021
- 9:00 - 10:00 am Keynote Address via zoom
- 10:00 - 11:00 am Speaker meets with Faculty
- 11:00am - 12:00 pm Speaker meets with Students and Postdocs
2021 KEYNOTE SPEAKER
The 2021 Keynote Speaker is Dr. Lee Gehrke, the Hermann L. F. von Helmholtz Professor of Health Sciences and Technology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is also a professor of microbiology at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Gehrke's research interests center on molecular aspects of host-pathogen interactions and on the pathogenesis of RNA viruses. Current experimental work focuses on understanding how viruses that are closely related in genetic sequence cause highly variable disease outcomes.
The title of his seminar is "Flavivirus Infections of Human Stem Cell-Derived Cerebral Organoids"
Submitting an Abstract
Please review these instructions before attempting to submit your abstract. Everyone who plans to participate in this year's event, must complete an abstract submission form.
- Review the required format.
- Create your abstract in the required format using any word processing program.
- Please complete the Abstract Submission Form. Fillable PDF or Word document
- When the form is complete, please attach it along with your abstract in an email and send it to Michele Morscher at email@example.com.
- BEFORE you email your abstract to Michele, please make sure that you have it in the correct format and within the 300 word limit.
- Abstracts are due March 8, 2021
Submitting a Powerpoint
1. Review the required format.
2. Create and record your powerpoint.
3. When complete, upload into the designated Box (an invite will be sent after submission of your abstract).
4. Powerpoints are due March 29, 2021
If you have any questions, or for submission of printed hard copy abstracts:
Veterinary Medicine Administration
127L VMAB, 1900 Coffey Rd.
Columbus, Oh 43210